It is difficult to find a commercial product that will cure acne or even clear it up for a prolonged period. If you can prevent acne from growing on your skin in the first place, this is a far more effective way of dealing with the issue. There are numerous things you can do to aid this, and some of the most effective of these are as follows:
- Wash your face twice a day. Do not scrub, and do not use a harsh cleanser. These practices will simply cause your acne to get worse instead of better.
- Wash towels and pillowcases regularly. These can harbor bacteria and are regularly close to your skin.
- Get regular exercise. This increases blood circulation and allows your skin to get a regular supply of oxygen. This is a doubly good way to prevent acne, as it is a stress reliever.
- After the exercise, take a shower. Sweat is one of the major causes of grime which can get trapped in pores and cause acne
- Keep your hair clean and away from your face, especially while you are sleeping. The hair catches all manner of grime simply by being so dense, and also has its own natural oil supply. For the same reason, try to avoid using gels which will replicate the oils you are trying to minimise around your face.
- Drink plenty of water. This helps detoxify the body and hydrates the skin, which allows dead skin to fall away and be replaced by smooth, blemish-free skin.